First off, this is a legit and probably the easiest way to download videos from YouTube or other video streaming sites. And second, let me clarify that this is not a joke or a scam to get you to buy or avail of something so I can get some commission from your pocket. The apps mentioned here are free. Period.
All you need to do is follow the instructions step by step, and you should be done in a couple of minutes. These methods can be used for a long period of time or probably for good. With that said, that depends on the extension and its developers that we will be using.
Here is the disclaimer. This tutorial is not to encourage you to pirate videos from the internet. This is just so you could save videos for later use when you go offline, or you go to a place where internet is not available.
And please, do not use this on any illegal means. Let’s not give reasons for content creators to be discouraged from making great videos and everything. Our actions have a domino effect on the online community. You do good, and good things will follow and the same thing with the bad part. I know you get what I am trying to say.
Now that we got that out of the way let’s start with the methods to download videos from YouTube and other video streaming sites for free and save it on your PC or Windows laptop.
How to Download Videos from YouTube and Sites
There are tons of ways to download videos from YouTube and other video streaming sites. But I will only give you two ways. And they will not cost you a dime but just some time and effort. Please be reminded that this is only applicable on a Windows device like PC and laptop and not on your mobile phone. Here’s how it goes.
Using Mozilla Firefox
- If you have a Mozilla Firefox installed already, then that’s a good thing. But if you do not have it yet on your system, please do install it now. Here’s a download link.
- As soon as you installed Firefox, launch it.
- Once the Firefox is open, click on the Settings button on the top-right corner of the browser just below the “X” (close) button.
- A drop-down menu should appear, click on the “Add-ons” button.
- On the “Get Add-ons” menu, scroll down to see the “Find more add-ons” and click on it.
- A new tab should open and directs you to the Firefox Add-ons store or library.
- On the search bar, type in “video downloadhelper” and press Enter.
- Click on the Video DownloadHelper to see all the details about it.
- Now click on the “Add to Firefox” button to start the installation.
- A pop-up notification will appear. Click on the “Add” button to confirm the action.
- Restart Firefox and open YouTube site.
- Select a video to play and notice the three-colored button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Click on the three-colored button to show the options for downloading the current video.
- Click on your choice and then click on the “Running” button to see the download progress.
- Once done, go to your default download folder and you should see the downloaded videos there.
- That’s it. You can now download videos from YouTube and other video streaming sites as much as you want.
As a matter of fact, the Video DownloadHelper can download any videos from almost any sites online.
One-Click YouTube Videos Download
If you want only to download videos from YouTube, you can install the One-Click YouTube Videos Download extension instead. Here is a brief guide.
- Just type “One-Click YouTube Videos Download” in from the search bar and once it appears, just hit “Add to Firefox.” See the screenshot below.
- Restart Firefox and go to the YouTube site.
- Select a video to play.
- You should then see a download button under the video.
- Click on the “Download” button to see the available file size and format.
- Click on your choice and wait for the download to finish.
- You should find the downloaded videos inside the Windows default download folder.
Here’s a tutorial video of how to install One-Click YouTube Videos Download:
If you are not fond of the Firefox browser, here is another method that works in Google Chrome and some other web browsers. This is a good choice as well and still free.
- First is to open a new tab and go to SaveFrom.net.
- Next is to open another tab to visit the site that you want to download videos from. Let’s say, YouTube.
- Now choose which video you want and click on it to start playing.
- On the web browser’s address bar, copy the entire URL.
- Go back to SaveFrom.net and paste it into the search bar.
- After a second or two, it should now display the thumbnail of the video that you want to download. Next to it is the option to download the videos on any available resolution to downloading only the MP3 version of the video.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- That’s it. It will start to download the videos.
In case that the video will only download zero bytes or not at all, that means that the video you are trying to download has copyright protection. I could tell you a way around it, but it would be much easier just to find another video source that has no similar restriction.
I hope this tutorial can and will help a lot of people. Just try not to use this on any illegal activities. But of course, I have no control over what you guys do with this knowledge, but try to be responsible anyway.
Is this tutorial useful for you? Or do you have other easy and free ways to download videos from YouTube and other video streaming sites? Do tell us in the comment section so we can help other people in this community.
Thanks for reading this far. Enjoy and have a good life!